We are discussing the in’s and out’s of the choosing a Connecticut Wedding Reception Venues. There are many factors to consider prior to signing the contract and posting the required “we said yes” pic on Instagram. Understand that your venue selection can make or break the success of your reception and bringing my your wedding day goals to fruition.
We’ve included a list of 5 things to consider prior to saying yes to your Connecticut Wedding Reception Venue!
1) The cost- Usually the most important factor in securing the venue is the cost. Advice: Spend between 25-30% of your total budget on the venue (space, food & beverage) cost. Don’t forget to include the state or local tax and that 20% gratuity into your calculation.
2) The flexibility of the contract- In these post COVID days contracts across the entire wedding industry have become tighter and harder to change. Advice: You’ll want to ensure that there is contractual language that addresses a global pandemic and even your personal need to reschedule. Make sure that you are comfortable with those terms.
3) The guest count requirement – Connect Wedding Reception Venues often have a minimum guest count requirement during their peak seasons. These minimums are hard and fast, and they require you to pay for a specific amount of guests. Advice: If you are looking to host a smaller wedding, you’ll want to be mindful when securing the space.
4) The proximity to your ceremony space- If you have decided to host your ceremony in another venue, say a church, you’ll want to ensure that your venue is within a reasonable proximity. Asking guests to drive 90 minutes to your dream venue can come of inconsiderate. Advice: Discuss having the ceremony and reception in one place.
5) The design – No matter how much of a “steal” your venue is, if the design and layout don’t fit your vision, you’ll regret the decision. Advice: Ensure that your venue fits your intended design style.
If you need help with finding your Connecticut Wedding Reception venue, we’d be delighted to help Contact Us
Our Full Planning and Design Package includes an analysis of 5 venues for you to review.
Some of Our Favorites Are:
‘Til next time ✌
Cultural & Fusion wedding planner in Connecticut for the modern couple, that embraces luxe experiences, family and your unique love story.
back to top